Independent Damp & Timber Building Surveys
SURVEYS / SITE VISITS: Site visits can still be undertaken where it is safe to do so (strictly in line with government and health authority advice). Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements and for us to confirm the current criteria required in order for surveys and inspections to be conducted in buildings.
UNBIASED, OBJECTIVE AND SYMPATHETIC TO THE AGE AND CONSTRUCTION OF THE BUILDING
INSPECTIONS AND ADVICE REGARDING: TIMBER DECAY – DRY ROT – WET ROT – WOODWORM (WOOD BORING INSECT INFESTATION).
DAMP & TIMBER INSPECTIONS
Service for property owners, buyers, landlords and commercial clients.
- Written reports.
- Remedial specifications / budgeting guides (as required).
- Fully qualified & experienced specialists.
- Realistic and competitive survey fees
- Prompt response
- Full members of the Property Care Association
- Member of SPAB (the society for the protection of ancient building).
- A good understanding of period properties and a sympathetic approach to recommended remedial methods
Methods of testing include:
- Electronic moisture meters
- Calcium carbide “speedy” testing
- Thermal imaging technology.
“Terry wrote a very clear damp and timber report and explained all the issues to me patiently and thoroughly (I’m a first-time buyer and am learning about a lot of the issues for the first time). The report was also completed extremely quickly. Faultless service. Terry was very friendly and professional and I wouldn’t hesitate to warmly recommend him. And we really appreciated having a truly independent assessment from someone who wasn’t also trying to sell us anything!”
Julian – Bristol